What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to create a User Account and receive related updates, promotions and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address;
- Video footage, media files and your identifying information necessary to earn Skill Badges;
- Payment information such as your first and last name, email address, phone number and address to order prizes;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our Platform;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
Children Under the Age of 13
Children can become Users of our Platform. We obtain verifiable parental consent prior to any child under the age of 13 becoming a User of the Platform or collecting any information about the child. If you have not provided such consent or if you have any questions regarding our COPPA compliance procedures, please contact us at info@xHockeyProducts.com.
The Platform is intended to comply with COPPA and we encourage you to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online for more information about COPPA and children’s privacy. We have made efforts to design the Platform to be what we think is child appropriate. However, no Platform can be error free and we encourage you to supervise your child’s use of the Platform and teach them about protecting themselves and their personal information online.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected COPPA-restricted personal information from any child other than as permitted under that law, we will dispose of that information, or otherwise treat it, in accordance with COPPA law and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information (as defined by COPPA) without COPPA-required consent, please contact us at info@xHockeyProducts.com.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for the Platform to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding xHockeyDevelopment and xHockeyProducts;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the Platform to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the Platform and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the Platform that you have initiated;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences, name, and email address to our third-party vendors, providers and sponsors; and
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our Platform, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Fan-tastic Sports, LLC d/b/a xHockeyProducts, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Sports Authority transfers or sells the Platform or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display xHockeyDevelopment advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with xHockeyDevelopment products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our Platform.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at info@xHockeyProducts.com;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the Platform; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at info@xHockeyProducts.com.
Fan-tastic Sports, LLC d/b/a xHockeyProducts
17650 Juniper Path,
Lakeville, MN 55044